- 7/25 – Romans 15:22-33 – Do I dare to dream big enough? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to take on the light yoke of your call to greatness and not the heavy burden of my own expectations.
- 7/26 – Romans 16:1-16 – How do I imagine the Church of the third millennium? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to see the person and not the stereotype.
- 7/27 – Romans 16:17-27 – What are the ways God’s grace has manifested itself in my life today? Prayer starter: Carry me, O God, into the deepest part of the ocean.
- 7/28 – 1 Chronicles 1:1-54 – What would be my list of people who have been influential in my personal and spiritual growth? Prayer starter: Blessed are you, Lord of history, and Lord of all nations. Help us embrace our humanity and work for peace among nations.
- 7/29 – 1 Chronicles 2:1-55 and 1 Chronicles 3:1-24 – If I were to sum up my spiritual journey in two or three major steps, what would these be? Prayer starter: Lord, I give you thanks for these great moments in life in which I have experienced more deeply your love and your care for me.
- 7/30 – 1 Chronicles 6:1-32 – How do I value the “service of song” in its ministers in our communities today? Prayer starter: We bless you, O Lord, and we praise you in communion with all those who, through all generations served you in worship, song and prayer.
- 7/31 – 1 Chronicles 10:1-14 – Is faithfulness to God and to his Word among the criteria I use to judge the achievements of our political leaders? Prayer starter: We pray to you, O Lord, that we all be dedicated together with our leaders, to the cause of freedom, justice, and peace among us and among the nations.
Archive for July, 2010
Monday – Friday – CONVO 2010 at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ.
Youth from all over our Church will be assembling this week to study, pray, worship, have fun, fellowship, probably eat and sleep (although past experiences put these two in question). Please keep all of our youth and the 190 others who will be uplifted, loved, and taught during this week.
Thanks also to all of you who had either donated money for snacks, made snacks, provided for snacks for all the participants. And, again, for, lo, these many months, thank you for your sacrifice in allowing our youth to attend this great event. God bless you all!
- 7/18 – Romans 11 – Where is the opportunity to reconcile with another offered to me this day? Prayer starter: Come, Lord Jesus. Bring the Peace you offered the apostles into my life.
- 7/19 – Romans 12 – Am I letting myself be transformed? Prayer starter: Help me today, Lord Jesus, to see every person I meet as you see him or her.
- 7/20 – Romans 13:1-10 – Did I work to build up or tear down legitimate authority today? Prayer starter: Raise up, O Lord, authoritative leaders in our Church. Help us to recognize and support those who are such leaders.
- 7/21 – Romans 13:11-14 – If I had only 24 hours to live, what would I do with them? Prayer starter: Kindle a fire in me, O Holy Spirit, that will set the world aflame.
- 7/22 – Romans 14 – What can I do today to witness to the law of love within the Church? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to love those whose ways are in opposition to mine.
- 7/23 – Romans 15:1-13 – How can I help my community incorporate more fully Paul’s blessings? Prayer starter: Come Holy Spirit, fill my heart with joy and hope and steadfast love.
- 7/24 – Romans 15:14-21 – What are the accomplishments of my life that I am most proud of? Prayer starter: Help me this day, Lord Jesus, to embrace my vocation.
- 7/11 – Romans 7:14-25 – Where have I experienced the wholeness Christ brings today? Prayer starter: Deliver me today, Lord Jesus, from all that binds me. Help me to loose that which binds those whom I will meet today.
- 7/12 – Romans 8:1-17 – Am I trying to see the best in myself and in those whom I meet today? Prayer starter: Abba, Father, I place my life in your care.
- 7/13 – Romans 8:18-30 – Where have I seen the beauty of God’s creation breaking forth today? Prayer starter: Show me this day, Lord Jesus, how I might be a source of hope to another.
- 7/14 – Romans 8:31-39 – Have I been caught up in Christ lately? Prayer starter: Embrace me today, my Lord and God, with your love and mercy.
- 7/15 – Romans 9:1-18 – Am I using Jesus to justify my prejudices toward another? Prayer starter: God of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, remind me today that we are all children of Abraham lovingly created by you.
- 7/16 – Romans 9:19-29 – How “supple” have I been lately in response to God’s call? Prayer starter: I submit today, O loving potter, to your gentle touch.
- 7/17 – Romans 9:30-31 and Romans 10:1-21 – What expectations to the Law have you made lately? Why? Prayer starter: Open my ears, my eyes, and my heart, Holy Spirit, to the demands of Love in my life.
- 7/4 – Romans 4:1-12 – When did I attempt to include people today in my Words and deeds? When did I seek to exclude? Prayer starter: Lord, we are all children of Abraham and Sarah. Help us to trust in you now as they did then.
- 7/5 – Romans 4:12-25 – What is the most visible sign of my faith in Christ in my life? Prayer starter: May the power of your wind and fire, O Holy Spirit, transform the landscape of my heart today.
- 7/6 – Romans 5:1-11 – Have I let myself be loved by God today? Prayer starter: Holy Spirit, help me to truly experience the love of the Father today.
- 7/7 – Romans 5:12-20 – Which choices in my life at this time would lead me to a fuller realization of my God-given humanity? Which choices will limit it? Prayer starter: I say with the prophet Isaiah, “Here I am, Lord. I come to do your will.”
- 7/8 – Romans 6:1-14 – How am I responding to the demands of Love? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to give myself to you as you have given yourself to me.
- 7/9 – Romans 6:15-23 – How did I practice what I preach today? Prayer starter: Come, Holy Spirit, and overwhelm my ambivalence with a renewed commitment to discipleship.
- 7/10 – Romans 7:1-13 – How have I rejoiced in my freedom today? Prayer starter: I rejoice with the psalmist who says, “Truly I am wonderfully made!”