- 11/15 – Exodus 15:22-27 & Exodus 16:1-36 – How does God shape me through the gifts and trials of my life? Prayer starter: God of abundance, you fill my life with all that I need. Help me to be a gracious receiver of your generosity.
- 11/16 – Exodus 17-18 – When have you complained to God and how has God responded? Prayer starter: Gracious God, sustain me even during times of testing. Help me to always trust in you.
- 11/17 – Exodus 19 – How do you develop in your own life a sense of wonder and awe about God? Prayer starter: Awesome God, thank you for binding with me through your covenant: Let me never lose my awe for you and my wonder about you.
- 11/18 – Exodus 20:1-17 – Ponder if you have kept and will continue to keep your word with God. Prayer starter: God, you have given me the words of eternal life in the Ten Commandments. Help me to live them daily as a sign of keeping my promises to the covenant I have with you.
- 11/19 – Exodus 20:18-26 – Do I respond to God’s commandments out of obligation or gratitude? Prayer starter: Liberating God, you have called me from bondage and called me into a relationship with you. Deepen your covenant within me so that you are my only God.
- 11/20 – Exodus 21 – How does law help me to deal with various situations and decisions in life? Prayer starter: God the lawgiver, carve your laws on the fleshy tablets of my heart. Help me to form and inform my conscience by means of your law.
- 11/21 – Exodus 22-23 – How do you treat immigrants who live in your community? Prayer starter: Liberating God, continue to free me from everything that alienates me from you and the rest of humankind. May I always treat others with the same compassion with which you have treated me.
The month of November takes us into the study of how God saves and sets us free.