- 7/26 – Psalm 90 – Have I ever taken the time to reflect on the brevity of life? What were the gains? Prayer starter: Lord, you know the number of our days and the toil and trouble we may encounter. GIve us the wisdom to cope with these and to enjoy the blessings of each day.
- 7/27 – Psalm 91– Have I ever experienced the assurance given in this psalm? Prayer starter: Lord, may I trust in you like your son Jesus did when facing evil, danger, or suffering.
- 7/28 – Psalm 92 – How can my Sundays better reflect God’s delight in his works of creation and of salvation? Prayer starter: All your works, O Lord, are great and a pure reflection of your bounty and of your love. May we always be moved by wonder and delight when we contemplate them.
- 7/29 – Psalm 95 – What were the most significant liturgies I have experienced? What did they change in my life? Prayer starter: Lord Jesus, you sit at the right hand of the Father. May we, as the people of your pasture, be led by your Holy SpIrit and listen today and every day to your word.
- 7/30 – Psalm 97 – Does my faith in God’s lordship and kingdom bring me true gladness and joy? Prayer starter: Thy kingdom come, O Lord! May righteousness and justice flourish through our lives so that everyone may come to worship you as their king.
- 7/31 – Psalm 98 – How can music enhance my prayer, whether in the congregation or at home? Prayer starter: Let the music resound in all our churches and our communities to sing endless praise to the glory of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!
- 8/1-1 Thessalonians 1 – Am I worshipping the Living God, or an image of a god I have created? Prayer starter: Today, O living God, I make space in my heart and my mind so that I may hear you speak.
The month of August will have us studying in the short letters of Paul; to the churches in Thessalonika, Philippi, Colosea, and to his friend, Philemon.