- 8/2 – 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8 – Has the desire to please God or to please others been stronger in my heart lately? Why? Prayer starter: Grant me the grace, O Lord, to subordinate my own ego to the gospel message.
- 8/3 -1 Thessalonians 2:9-20 – How aware am I of the treasure each member of God’s family possesses? Prayer starter: Come, O Holy Spirit, send your wind and fire to cleanser the church of all that tamishes the gleam of holiness.
- 8/4 – 1 Thessalonians 3 – Do I really appreciate the power of the gospel message? Prayer starter: I give thanks today, Lord Jesus, for the glorious success in proclaiming and living out the gospel in my life so far.
- 8/5 – 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12 – Is there a person in my life whom I value more for what they can do for me than for whom he or she is? Prayer starter: I recommit myself today, Lord Jesus, to honor the sacredness of each and every life from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death.
- 8/6 -1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:3 – Which of my deeply held ideas about God and the church have been challenged lately? Why? Prayer starter: Guide us, Holy Spirit, into deeper communion with the God Who is.
- 8/7 -1 Thessalonians 5:4-22 – How willing am I to share my own experience of light with others? Prayer starter: By the light of your grace, O heavenly Father, may I really see the sacred beauty In each and every person I meet today.
- 8/8 – 1 Thessalonians 5:23-28 – In what ways have I passed along the sacred heritage of my faith to the next generation? Prayer starter: During this quiet moment, I sit in the stillness rooted in that peace and holiness that God has blessed me with today and every day through God’s presence in my life.
The month of August will have us studying in the shorter letters of Paul; to the churches in Thessalonika, Philippi, Colosea, and his friend, Philemon.