- 8/26 – Joshua 24:14-27 – Lord God, grant that I may always choose You, You above all. I know that my heart and my commitment to You will stand in witness against me if I let You down. May my words and actions be true to my Christian commitment and may I not be found a hypocrite.
- 8/27 – Jeremiah 31:31-34 – Lord, Your Son came to teach me Your way and to write Your commandment of love in my heart. Continue to be generous with me when my actions fall short of my commitment to You.
- 8/28 – Jeremiah 31:35-37 – Lord God, You gave me Your everlasting commitment and the promise that I will never be separated from You. Grant that I may grow each day in my commitment to You. Keep me close and teach me to rely on Your promises.
- 8/29 – Matthew 16:24-26 – Lord Jesus, You call me to complete and total commitment to You and Your way. Grant me the strength to live that commitment, never counting anything above my promise to You.
- 8/30 – Romans 12:1-2 – Lord Jesus, grant that I may offer myself up as a living sacrifice acceptable to You. Transform my mind, so that I may discern Your will.
- 8/31 – John 10:1-10 – Lord Jesus, grant that I may enter into life through You, and that I may dedicate my life and my all to follow You. I know that in committing I will find eternal life.
- 9/1 – Matthew 4:19, Matthew 9:9 – Lord Jesus, You call us to follow You, to set aside our nets and our counting table to walk in Your way. Grant me all I need to stand up and follow You. Grant too the gift of many vocations to the priesthood and diaconate.
Pray the week: Lord Jesus, grant that I may commit to You, for there is no one else to whom I can go.