Each week of Lent this year, we will be asked to bring in a specific item that is needed for those who have not. Although each week is a different item, you may either “catch up” or plan ahead, whichever is better for you. (Note: for those of you who will need to document your donations, simply list what items you have donated and the list will be verified after the Easter season.)
- FIRST WEEK OF LENT, (3/13): Pasta products: any type of pasta can be donated; boxed or bagged.
- SECOND WEEK OF LENT, (3/20): Baby Formula: any type of formula may be offered; ready-mix, concentrated, powder, etc. Please be sure it contains iron. Also powdered milk, canned milk, as well.
- THIRD WEEK OF LENT, (3/27): Baby Food: any type of canned or jarred baby food may be donated for any age group. This donation may include all vegetables, fruits, meats, etc.
- FOURTH WEEK OF LENT, (4/3): Canned vegetables: any type of canned vegetables may be offered. Soups may be here included.
- FIFTH WEEK OF LENT, (4/10): Canned fruits: any type of canned fruits may be donated. Fruit sauces are also included here.
- HOLY WEEK, (4/17): Protein Products: peanut butter, nuts, canned meats (tuna, ham, chicken, etc.), dried cheeses.
The distribution of donations will be done on Maundy Thursday.
This type of donation schedule will allow us to meet specific needs of those in our community. Any other items than these above listed may also be brought in.
May God bless this Lenten Season.