- 9/20 – Luke 19:1-10 – When have l found joy in conversion? Prayer starter: O God, often I hear so many conflicting voices in the crowd. They pull me in so many different directions but I really long to be near you, to be singlehearted.
- 9/21 – John 8:1-12 – Are there people at whom I might point an accusatory finger? Prayer starter: O God, there are some things that just make me miserable. Help me to walk in the light and to seek your mercy.
- 9/22 – Matthew 9:9-13 – Who are the people our society considers unworthy? Prayer starter: O God, I do trust in your mercy though I admit not always. Help me today to seek the truth, to look at myself honestly, trusting in you.
- 9/23 – Matthew 15:21-28 – What situations make me relentless in my prayer? Prayer starter: Lord Jesus, to follow you is to do the will of the Father. Help me to find and follow God’s will in the world you have given me.
- 9/24 – Matthew 18:21-25 – This gospel portrays God as a merciful and forgiving king. How does this compare with my image of God? Prayer starter: O God, you have been so merciful. Let me count the ways….. Teach me your compassion.
- 9/25 – Matthew 20:1-16 – In what ways do l work for justice for all? Prayer starter: O God, I am so aware of all the poverty; it’s overwhelming. Help me to see a way that I can help, and then given me the courage and generosity to do it.
- 9/26 – John 13:31-35 – What discoveries have led me more deeply into the love of God? Prayer starter: O God, I am just a beginning in the ways of love. Teach me your way, guide my hands and point my feet in the right direction.
The month of September will have us studying the message of the Scripture concerning God’s mercy and forgiveness. May they be ours!