Bible Study for Ordinary Week 12
- 6/20 – Matthew 18:23-35 – Is there someone I need to forgive but have been unable to do so? Prayer starter: God of mercy, help me to see that in forgiving another I must not focus on what is owed to me, but on how many times you have forgiven me.
- 6/21 – Luke 13:24-30 – Which important opportunities should I act on today? Prayer starter: My God, your mercy is without end. Do not allow me to presume upon your love but instead act upon the opportunities you offer me.
- 6/22 – Luke 11:21-22 – Do any evils in our world make me doubt the proclamation of Christ’s victory? Prayer starter: Lord Jesus, I believe in your victory over evil. Give me strength to work against what is wrong and free your love in our world.
- 6/23 – Mark 12:1-11 – Do the injustices of our world paralyze me or motivate me to do something? Prayer starter: Lord Jesus, there is much in the world around me contrary to your will. Show me how I can make a difference and build your kingdom of peace.
- 6/24 – Luke 15:11-32 – What is a greater obstacle to my acceptance of God’s love: my failures or my efforts to do good? Prayer starter: Father, your love is all that counts. Do not allow my faults or my faithlessness to prevent me from being your daughter or son.
- 6/25 – Matthew 25:31-46 – Do I see my Christian responsibility as extending beyond my private life? Prayer starter: Jesus, my King, I believe that your will is not simply to change me but our world. Help me to better the society in which I live.
- 6/26 – Matthew 11:16-19 – What parable has touched my heart this month? Will I respond? Prayer starter: Jesus, you used parables to touch human hearts. Touch mine and empower me for your service.
Leave a Reply