￼￼￼The Memoir Project, a program of The Arts Center of the Capital Region, invites submissions for Bookmarks, an annual series of group readings and performances featuring work that is grounded in personal experience. We encourage both experienced writers and creators, as well as those whose work has not previously been presented publicly or published, to submit work.
Bookmarks is a thematically differentiated group reading and/or performance. Each event is curated and hosted
by a different individual, hand selected from our region’s richly diverse community. Chosen for their unique personal experiences and professional expertise, the curators decide on their theme. Details about the submission criteria and schedule for each curator are listed here and on our website. Each individual reading category has a separate submission date approximately 3/4 weeks prior. Works will be evaluated on quality, creativity, and relevance to the broader Memoir Project theme (i.e. Does the work mine the personal to express the universal?) as well as the individual themes set by each curator.
- Interested writers/creators are to submit online.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on the date indicated in the online brochure which can be downloaded here.
- The submission window will close at that time.
- Submissions should not exceed length specified on the submission form.
- You may submit to multiple curators, but only once per theme.
- All applicants will be notified at least ten days before the event, or once the curator has chosen readers/presenters.
- Keep the date OPEN in case you are selected!