- 8/4 – Psalm 62:10 – Lord, grant that I may not set my heart on acquisition or earthly gains, but that in whatever blessings I receive I may see a way to share them generously.
- 8/5 – Psalm 119:36 – Lord, grant that my greatest treasure may be Your word.
- 8/6 – Ezekiel 33:31 – Lord, grant that I may not just listen to Your word, but rather that it take root in my heart and mind so that I may carry it out in everything I do.
- 8/7 – 1 Timothy 6:10 – Lord, grant that I may not set about planning and prioritizing, but rather that I allow You to plan and prioritize my life.
- 8/8 – 1 Corinthians 10:24 – Lord, You have brought so many people into my life. Grant that I may be a good and compassionate friend and foremost one who draws them to You.
- 8/9 – Philippians 2:20 – Lord, You set before me bishops, priests, and deacons who love You and Your people. I thank You for giving them to me as shepherds. Help me to listen to them and follow them toward You with a generous, open, and accepting heart.
- 8/10 – 2 Timothy 3:2-3 – Lord, prevent me from being judgmental and from counting the sins of others. Grant that by my life and example people may come to follow You; setting aside all selfishness.
Pray the week: Lord Jesus, grant me a generous heart and a willingness to love others consistent with Your way.