- 5/20 – Matthew 16:24-26 – Lord Jesus, grant that as we compete on the playing field we keep our true goal before us, knowing that nothing is more valuable than who we are before Your eyes.
- 5/21 – Exodus 4:2-4 – Lord God, You have placed skills and abilities in our hands. Grant that we may use them in service to You; declaring and displaying the significance of Who Your are.
- 5/22 – Matthew 25:14-30 – Lord, we are Your athletes. Everything we have, every talent and ability, comes from and belongs to You. Grant that we may use them to advance Your kingdom and bring You glory.
- 5/23 – Romans 12:1 – Lord Jesus, grant all be offered in a spirit of worship toward You. May our life be a spiritual act of worship, set apart and pleasing to You as we offer You all we are â€” our bodies, our minds, our hopes, our dreams â€” as a living sacrifice.
- 5/24 – Mark 4:1-20 – Lord Jesus, we continually see examples of athletes who connect, who score, who hit the home run, who strive for victory. Grant that we may take up your Word and strive on to victory. Keep us strong in faith so that we may not drop the ball or quit.
- 5/25 – 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 – Lord Jesus, You have drawn us together in one team. We need each other to succeed. Draw us together in Your Holy Church so that in our given positions we may declare and display the significance of Your one team.
- 5/26 – Philippians 3:13-14 – Lord Jesus, we fall into error. Grant that we may seek forgiveness for our errors so that we may effectively move forward with the things You have prepared for us. Grant too that we may forgive generously so that we may retake the playing field better prepared for victory.
Pray the week: Lord Jesus, grant that we may compete, play, and live in Your joy.