- 11/28 – Titus 2:1-10 – Do I care what people think of me? Do I care for the right reasons? Does my behavior give my family, friends, or co-workers reason to think that Jesus can change their lives?
- 11/29 – Titus 2:11-15 and Titus 3:1-8 – Paul says that the grace of God trains us “to reject godless ways and worldly desires and to live temperately, justly, and devoutly” (Titus 2:11-12). Where is God’s grace trying to train you right now?
- 11/30 – Titus 3:9-15 – What has especially impressed me about this month’s readings? How has God used them to speak to me? What points do I want to keep in mind as I enter into this Advent season?
- 12/1 – Isaiah 40:1-11 – How has God come in power into my life? Have I ever felt I was in exile from God? What message of comfort do I hear in today’s reading?
- 12/2 – Isaiah 40:12-31 – Have I ever gazed at the stars and been filled with awe at the one who made them? What are my greatest hopes? What has God done to fulfill my hopes?
- 12/3 – Isaiah 41 – What terms does God use to address me? Maggot? Friend? Beloved? What do my fears reveal about my relationship with God? What do my hopes reveal about my relationship With God?
- 12/4 – Isaiah 42 – Do I see God doing things around me but not understand their significance? Do I hear God’s word without getting the message? What might I do to shed my distraction and confusion?
We begin Advent with the prophet that brought the message to the first centuries BC. Read and listen!