- 9/6 – Jonah 1-4 (the whole book) – Do I carry any ethnic grudges? Prayer starter: O God, open wide my heart to your love, your compassion, and your mercy Help me to forgive and let go of grudges.
- 9/7 – 1 Kings 8:22-53 – Do I pray for situations around the world or just my own interests? Prayer starter: O God, you have been so generous to me, teach me to be generous too. Send your healing spirit.
- 9/8 – Nehemiah 9 – How does a prayer such as this affect my own worship? Prayer starter: O God, from the time I was a child I have found your mercy and goodness even in my faults and failures.
- 9/9 – Luke 1:39-56 – How do I identify with the poor and the marginalized? Prayer starter: Mary, mother of God, my mother, teach me as you taught your son, Jesus, and pray for me too.
- 9/10 – Matthew 6:6-15 and Luke 11:1-10 – Do I give my prayer life the attention it deserves? Prayer starter: Abba, Father, my list for daily bread seems so long. But today I ask you to draw me a little closer to you; that will change all my needs.
- 9/11 – Luke 5:1-10 – How do I meet Jesus Christ in my everyday working World? Prayer starter: O Jesus, I do love Peter because so often I can see myself. But do not depart from me. Come closer and teach me again today.
- 9/12 – Mark 10:46-52 – What voices do I hear that distract me from entering more deeply into the journey with the Lord? Prayer starter: Jesus, son of David, I did it again today. Those old habits are hard to break – have mercy on me too.
The month of September will have us studying the message of the Scripture concerning God’s mercy and forgiveness. May they be ours!