- 8/9 – Philippians 1:1-14 – Can I see the movement of the Holy Spirit in the most difficult circumstances of my life? Prayer starter: Come, Holy Spirit, and burst the bars of the prison I have made for myself.
- 8/10 – Philippians 1:15-30 – Where do I see the proclamation of the gospel today? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus Christ, to hear the gospel message amid the conflicts of my life.
- 8/11- Philippians 2:1-11 – In what way did I make myself vulnerable to love today? Prayer starter: Teach me, Lord Jesus Christ, what it means not to give of my surplus, but of my very self.
- 8/12 – Philippians 2:12-18 – How aware am I of how deeply I have been caught up in the life of Christ? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to more fully appreciate the awesome sacredness of the ordinary moments of my life.
- 8/13 – Philippians 2:19-3:1 – Who are the good shepherds in the church today? How can I support them? Prayer starter: Help me this day, Lord Jesus, to understand your will for my life more clearly and to submit more completely.
- 8/14 – Philippians 3:2-11 – Can I recall a time recently when I really “lost” myself in an activity I enjoy, in prayer, or in spending time with someone else? Prayer starter: Lead me, O Holy Spirit, into greater communion with the risen Christ today.
- 8/15 – Philippians 3:12-4:1 – Where is my true homeland? Prayer starter: Help me, Lord Jesus, to see the cross not as a sign of defeat but as an invitation to Love.
The month of August will have us studying in the shorter letters of Paul to the churches in Thessalonika, Philippi, Colosea, and to his friend, Philemon.