Holy Name of Jesus is that small church with a big and caring heart. Over the years we have accomplished much in providing for the needs of others. We always welcome new ideas, and those who wish to join us in taking up a ministry of charity.
A list of some of our ministries past and present:
- Free Lunch/Soup on Sunday, feeding those in need on the third Sunday of every month in our Parish Hall
- Northeast Food Bank
- Schenectady Inner City Ministry (SICM)
- Souper Bowl of Caring, providing for needs in our local community
- Patty’s Place
- Schenectady Home Furnishings Program
- Northeast Parent & Child Society
- Hunger Action Network
- The Community Hospice
- Haven of Schenectady
- Schenectady Salvation Army
- City Mission of Schenectady
- Toys for Tots
- Schenectady DARE
- Schenectady PAL
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Schenectady Little League
- Anaconda Indians American Legion Baseball
- Mercy Cares For Kids
- Trinity Alliance of the Capital Region/Homer-Perkins Center
- Scotia-Glenville High School Parent-Teacher-Student Association
- Scotia-Glenville Cheerleaders
- Mohonasen-Draper Parent-Teacher-Student Association
- Individual Scholarships for Parish Youth
- Individual Assistance to Families in Need
The Parish has formally adopted the Schenectady Inner City Ministry Covenant which states:
We of Schenectady Inner City Ministry (SICM) in the hope and expectation of serving God’s purposes, covenant to relate the resources of the churches to the human needs of the city and to demonstrate the essential unity of the church.
SICM shall challenge individuals and churches consciously to renew or extend their involvement in the larger community and to experience the excitement and joy of service in the spirit of Christ.
We encourage and welcome the full participation in our ministry of those individuals and religious organizations whose concern for human needs proceeds from different orientations, and through the ministry, SICM shall strive to develop increasing understanding.