We invite you to view the attached presentation from the PNU. What can you expect? What are the benefits? What are the opportunities? Find out – click in the picture below:
We are that place where you can belong. Come join us. Invite someone. Sing it out on your way here. You are invited.
Join in on Back To Church Sunday, September 17th. Services at 9:30am and 11:30am with a community breakfast at 10:30am. We look forward to seeing you!
we commend ourselves in every way: by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, and the power of God
This month our Holy Church holds its Seventeenth Annual Mission and Evangelism conference. This coincides with the words above from St. Paul’s Second Letter to the Church at Corinth. How do we commend ourselves to others? How do we show forth what a genuine life in Jesus means? Being truly genuine in our walk with Jesus is at once a difficult task and a great reward. In May we look to Mary as a perfect example of someone who genuinely walked with her Son. Let us focus on what it means to be genuine, authentic – or as some would say – being real. Let us commend ourselves to others as Jesus’ authentic followers with confession, repentance, fellowship, obedience, genuineness, and truthful speech. By doing so, the power of God will show through us. We, like Mary, will glow with His real and genuine love. We will be real!
Join us continuing our celebration of Easter joy and in celebrating mom and our heavenly mother this May. There is so much going on in May and we are actively getting ready for our many summer activities. Check out all this and more, plus read up on how we are called to baptize our culture in this month’s newsletter.
You may view and download a copy of our May 2017 Newsletter right here.
Please join us as we walk with the Lord. Our schedule for Holy Week and Easter:
- Palm Sunday, April 9: Holy Mass at 9:30 and 11:30am.
- Holy Monday, April 10: Holy Mass for Healing at 6:15pm.
- Holy Tuesday, April 11: Clergy Conference. Holy Mass of Chrism (Cathedral in Scranton).
- Maundy Thursday, April 13: Holy Mass, Procession, Stripping of the Altars, 7pm.
- Good Friday, April 14:
- Cross Walk at 11am,
- Private Devotions at 2pm,
- Bitter Lamentations at 3pm,
- Liturgy of the Presanctified and Opening of the Tomb at 7pm.
- Holy Saturday, April 15: Liturgy of New Fire, Renewal of Baptismal Promises, Blessing of Easter Baskets, 4pm.
- Solemnity of the Resurrection/Easter, April 16: Solemn Procession and Holy Mass at 8am and Holy Mass at 10am.
Donna Hanson Munafo had a vision several years ago to visit a different “church” each Sunday morning and then share her experiences. After each visit she posts her impressions and thoughts to her Church Journeys website. Donna’s passion and purpose is to edify and encourage area churches, help bring unity to the Body of Christ and give insight to those who have never been to a particular “church.”
Donna wrote a beautiful reflection based on her visit with us last Sunday.
Thank you for visiting our parish and for your beautiful work for the Kingdom.
We welcome you Back to Church. We have been participating in this movement since 2013 because we, as a parish and the Church, want you to know that you are always welcome. Whether you have never been, have not been in a long time, or are just wondering – you are welcome here. One person who encountered the Church on this special day stated: “As a brand-new Christian, I needed a loving, accepting, forgiving community. I needed open-mindedness like [my pastor’s].”
We encourage you to take things at you own pace. The true key is to know that in accepting Jesus Christ and being regenerated in Him you will find a peace that cannot be taken away and a promise that is forever.
September 26th and our newsletter is here four days early! That’s change in-and-of-itself.
October calls us to reflect on the change around us and how God makes all change work for our good. September blessed us with baptisms and first communion as well as the start of our School of Christian living – God bless our young people. Learn about our upcoming craft fair on October 4th and our Rummage Sale on October 18th. October brings many celebrations focused on family and heritage. We invite you be part of those celebrations right here in Schenectady. You may view and download a copy right here — October 2014 Newsletter.
Find a new beginning! You are invited to join us on Sunday, September 21st at 9:30am. Put it on your calendar, your phone, your computer, a sticky note in your pocket… We will be here to welcome you and help you to feel at home.
- You are welcome even if it has been a while – here’s an opportunity to come back.
- You are welcome because you have been invited.
- You are welcome as are your ideas and questions. We want to work with you in doing good for each other and our community.
Please come and join us during Holy Week and Easter. Jesus looks forward to our company during Holy Week as we commemorate His passion and death for us. Having stood by Him through these trials we hold unto the promise that we will rise again with Him.
The schedule below notes all services for Passiontide, Holy Week, and Easter. Please remember that Holy Week is a week of fasting.
- 4/13 – Palm Sunday: Blessing and Distribution of Palms. Service of Worship and Holy Communion, 9:30am
- 4/15 – Holy Tuesday: Clergy Conference and Holy Mass of Chrism, St. Stanislaus Bishop & Martyr Cathedral, Scranton
- 4/17 – Maundy Thursday: Holy Mass of the Lord’s Supper, Reposition of the Blessed Sacrament, 7pm
- 4/18 – Good Friday: Good Friday Cross-walk at 10am. Church opens at noon for private devotions. Services at 1pm (Stations), 2pm (Lamentations), and 3pm (Opening of the Tomb), Liturgy of the Pre-Sanctified at 7pm
- 4/19 – Holy Saturday: Holy Saturday Liturgies – Blessing of new fire, holy water, renewal of baptismal promises, blessing of Easter baskets and food, 4pm
- 4/20 – Solemnity of the Resurrection (Easter): Procession and Solemn High Holy Mass, 8am, Service at 10:30 Free Lunch on Sunday/Easter Breakfast 10:30am