Bible Study for the 14th Week in Ordinary Time
- 7/3 – Galatians 2:15-21 – Am I more aware of the difference or the similarities between myself and those whom I will meet today? Prayer starter: I surrender today, Lord Jesus, to the vitality of your presence in my life.
- 7/4 – Galatians 3:1-14 – Am I doing good things to make God love me, or is it God’s love that compels me to do good things? Prayer starter: May I make the prayer of the father of the possessed boy my own today: “I believe, O Lord, help my unbelief.” (Mark 9:24)
- 7/5 – Galatians 3:15-27 – In what ways has the Law (my spiritual upbringing) been a good custodian for me? Prayer starter: Thank you, Lord, for making me your daughter/son. Help me through my actions to show the family resemblance to others.
- 7/6 – Galatians 3:28-29 and Galatians 4:1-7 – Do I really believe that God knows me better than I know myself? How does it feel? Prayer starter: Loving Daddy, cradle me today in the bosom of your merciful presence.
- 7/7 – Galatians 4:8-20 – Am I ready for the demands of a freely chosen relationship with God and neighbor? Prayer starter: Lead me, O Holy Spirit, beyond the prison walls of my fears toward the limitless horizons of God’s love.
- 7/8 – Galatians 4:21-31 and Galatians 5:1 – For me, is the Word of God alive or trapped within the words? Prayer starter: Guide me, Holy spirit, beyond the words on the page to the Word through which all that exists has been created and is sustained.
- 7/9 – Galatians 5:2-12 – When was the last time I really rested in God’s presence? Prayer starter: Lord Jesus, take from me my compulsion to be busy. Replace it with a hunger and thirst for righteousness.
Leave a Reply