Bible Study for the Third Week of Easter
- 5/8 – Ezekiel 11:14-25 – In what area of my life should I ask the Spirit to change my heart? Prayer starter: Transforming Spirit, change me. Where I am selfish, allow me to give; where there is hurt, allow me to forgive; where I hate, allow me to love.
- 5/9 – Ezekiel 37:1-14 – Where in my life do I find it difficult to hope? Prayer starter: Spirit of God, you guide me into the future. Help me to see that there is no sorrow you cannot turn to joy, no dying you cannot transform into life.
- 5/10 – Joel 2:18-29 – Do I recognize that God’s care extends beyond myself and includes all that God has made? Prayer starter: Holy Spirit, your life will be poured out on all creation. Help me to witness to your presence by the manner in which I respect the earth.
- 5/11 – Wisdom 9:9-18 – Where do I require the guidance of the Spirit in my life today? Prayer starter: Breath of the power of God, breathe on me. Fill me with God’s wisdom so that I might choose rightly how to live this day.
- 5/12 – Sirach 39:1-11 – What steps can I take not only to read the scriptures but also to pray them? Prayer starter: Holy Spirit, you inspired the human authors of the scriptures to express God’s word. Inspire me to understand that word and live it.
- 5/13 – Matthew 3:1-12 – Where do I experience evil holding me back from growth and service? Prayer starter: Holy Spirit, you destroy all that is contrary to God’s will. Destroy whatever hinders me from the holiness to which I am called.
- 5/14 – Matthew 28:16-20 – What weaknesses should I ask the Holy Spirit to help me address? Prayer starter: Spirit of Strength, I will not come to you with excuses of why I cannot serve. Christ has called me and you are with me. I will help build God’s kingdom.